Sale Rétromobile - 04 february 2011 /Lot 159 1924 DOUGLAS 600cc SIDE-CAR - NO RESERVE

  • 1924 DOUGLAS 600cc SIDE-CAR - NO RESERVE
  • 1924 DOUGLAS 600cc SIDE-CAR - NO RESERVE
  • 1924 DOUGLAS 600cc SIDE-CAR - NO RESERVE
  • 1924 DOUGLAS 600cc SIDE-CAR - NO RESERVE
  • 1924 DOUGLAS 600cc SIDE-CAR - NO RESERVE
1924 DOUGLAS 600cc SIDE-CAR - NO RESERVE n° de série : 6680

L'entreprise Douglas a été fondée en 1882, à Bristol, en Grande Bretagne, par les frères William et Edward Douglas, tous deux forgerons. Ils s'étaient spécialisés dans la fonderie avant de racheter, en 1907, le brevet d'un moteur bicylindre à plat imaginé par W. J. Barter. A partir de cette date, Douglas devint une marque de motocyclettes à part entière, bien connue pour ses moteurs à l'architecture si particulière, qui équiperont toute sa gamme, en différentes cylindrées, jusqu'à la fin des années 30. Douglas arrêtera la production de moto en 1957.
Le modèle présenté est un modèle DT6, le sommet de la gamme en 1924. Cette Douglas est motorisée par un bicylindre à plat de 596 cm3 à soupapes latérales. Equipée d'un système d'éclairage à acétylène, elle est attelée avec un très beau side-car depuis son origine, ainsi que le mentionne sa carte grise. Elle est, en outre, accompagnée de 2 sacoches en cuir destinées à recevoir l'outillage. En provenance de la fameuse collection du Musée de l'Automobiliste de Mougins, cette Douglas a intégré une importante collection française en 2006. Arborant une émouvante patine, cette motocyclette nécessite une restauration afin de pouvoir de nouveau emmener son heureux propriétaire en ballade. En outre elle possède une rare Carte grise française normal mentionnant qu'elle est un side-car.
Sans Prix de Reserve

The Douglas Company was founded in 1882 in Bristol, UK by brothers William and Edward Douglas, both blacksmiths by trade. They were foundry specialists before they bought the patent for the flat-twin engine, designed by W. J. Barter, back in 1907. From then on, Douglas became known as a brand of motorcycles, renowned for intricately designed engines, which were featured across their entire range of motorcycles, in different cylinder configurations until the late 1930s. Douglas ceased motorcycle production in 1957.
The model shown here is a DT6, the pinnacle of the range in 1924. This Douglas creation has a twin-flat 596 cm3 engine with opposing horizontal cylinder valves. Fitted with an acetylene lighting system, it comes with a very beautiful sidecar, which has been attached to it since it was new, and its French vehicle registration documents. It also comes with 2 leather saddlebags for the toolkit. Originating from the famous collection from the Musée de l'Automobiliste in Mougins, this particular Douglas creation jointed a very large French collection in 2006. Sporting a slight patina, this motorcycle needs restoring to its former glory before it can once again be taken out for a spin by its proud new owner. It also comes with a rare French vehicle registration document stating that it has a sidecar.
No Reserve



Estimation 4 000 - 6 000 €

Sold 9,946 €
* Results are displayed including buyer's fees and taxes. They are generated automatically and can be modified.

Lot 159

1924 DOUGLAS 600cc SIDE-CAR - NO RESERVE

Sold 9,946 € [$]

1924 DOUGLAS 600cc SIDE-CAR - NO RESERVE n° de série : 6680

L'entreprise Douglas a été fondée en 1882, à Bristol, en Grande Bretagne, par les frères William et Edward Douglas, tous deux forgerons. Ils s'étaient spécialisés dans la fonderie avant de racheter, en 1907, le brevet d'un moteur bicylindre à plat imaginé par W. J. Barter. A partir de cette date, Douglas devint une marque de motocyclettes à part entière, bien connue pour ses moteurs à l'architecture si particulière, qui équiperont toute sa gamme, en différentes cylindrées, jusqu'à la fin des années 30. Douglas arrêtera la production de moto en 1957.
Le modèle présenté est un modèle DT6, le sommet de la gamme en 1924. Cette Douglas est motorisée par un bicylindre à plat de 596 cm3 à soupapes latérales. Equipée d'un système d'éclairage à acétylène, elle est attelée avec un très beau side-car depuis son origine, ainsi que le mentionne sa carte grise. Elle est, en outre, accompagnée de 2 sacoches en cuir destinées à recevoir l'outillage. En provenance de la fameuse collection du Musée de l'Automobiliste de Mougins, cette Douglas a intégré une importante collection française en 2006. Arborant une émouvante patine, cette motocyclette nécessite une restauration afin de pouvoir de nouveau emmener son heureux propriétaire en ballade. En outre elle possède une rare Carte grise française normal mentionnant qu'elle est un side-car.
Sans Prix de Reserve

The Douglas Company was founded in 1882 in Bristol, UK by brothers William and Edward Douglas, both blacksmiths by trade. They were foundry specialists before they bought the patent for the flat-twin engine, designed by W. J. Barter, back in 1907. From then on, Douglas became known as a brand of motorcycles, renowned for intricately designed engines, which were featured across their entire range of motorcycles, in different cylinder configurations until the late 1930s. Douglas ceased motorcycle production in 1957.
The model shown here is a DT6, the pinnacle of the range in 1924. This Douglas creation has a twin-flat 596 cm3 engine with opposing horizontal cylinder valves. Fitted with an acetylene lighting system, it comes with a very beautiful sidecar, which has been attached to it since it was new, and its French vehicle registration documents. It also comes with 2 leather saddlebags for the toolkit. Originating from the famous collection from the Musée de l'Automobiliste in Mougins, this particular Douglas creation jointed a very large French collection in 2006. Sporting a slight patina, this motorcycle needs restoring to its former glory before it can once again be taken out for a spin by its proud new owner. It also comes with a rare French vehicle registration document stating that it has a sidecar.
No Reserve



Estimation 4 000 - 6 000 €

Sold 9,946 €
* Results are displayed including buyer's fees and taxes. They are generated automatically and can be modified.

Sale’s details

Sale: 1957
Date: 04 feb. 2011 14:00

Contact

Iris Hummel
Phone +33 1 42 99 20 56
ihummel@artcurial.com

Purchase Orders & Auctions by Phone

Kristina Vrzests
Phone +33 1 42 99 20 51
Fax +33 1 42 99 20 60
bids@artcurial.com

Conditions of Purchase

Rétromobile