Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
The Paris based auction house Artcurial SAS, a member of the Artcurial group, a French company, attaches great importance to our communications with our highly valued clients, and appreciate highly how our e-mails and calendars keep us connected.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is applicable as of May 25th 2018 throughout the EU.
If you wish to opt out of all e-mail and written correspondence, please click on the following link.
If you wish to send a message with a specific request, you may do it
By mail email@example.com or by postal service:
7, rond-point des Champs-Elysées
Thank you sincerely for your support, and your interest in our auction house.
Effective May 25, 2018
ARTCURIAL SAS [ARTCURIAL], a French company which belongs to the ARTCURIAL group, has built its business on the trust of its customers, partners and visitors. Therefore we understand how they value the protection of their privacy.
This Policy covers all information that you give us when you consign art works with us, download our apps, get a catalogue subscription, sign up to browse our online catalogs or receive our newsletters, bid or purchase in our saleroom, register online to attend an auction on the internet through Artcurial Live.
HOW ARTCURIAL COLLECTS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Personal information is a single information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified. We will collect personal information about you from you only:- personal details such as name, date of birth and contact details such as phone number, email address, postal address,
- in your account, some transaction information such as bidding records, shipping details, information about items you purchased or consigned,
- limited financial information: payment information in connection with your purchases and wire instructions,
- on an exceptional basis, your username and password for your Artcurial account.
HOW ARTCURIAL USES INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
ARTCURIAL uses data about you for the following purposes:
– To manage and assure the integrity of our auctions.
– To fulfill your orders, facilitate any consignments, provide the services, publications, catalogs, and information you request, and manage your account.
– To send you information about upcoming events and content that you may be interested in.
– To protect you against any risk of fraud.
– To comply with legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
WHEN ARTCURIAL MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION THAT IDENTIFIES YOU
ARTCURIAL may disclose or transfer data that identifies you to other companies or entities such as:
– Business partners who work on behalf of ARTCURIAL to provide services such as item shipments, mailings, customer account and technology support, secure payment processing, fraud prevention and data storage.
– Other companies within the ARTCURIAL group for marketing and business development purposes, if you are interested by their services and authorized it beforehand.
– To law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal procedures.
– To meet certain legal compliance requirements for example, under AML (anti-money laundering) laws, or customs laws and regulations.
You have the legal right to ask us not to process that personal data about you for marketing purposes and to revoke your consent at any time. To make such a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a choice about and control over: receiving marketing messages from us by email; stopping email marketing by using the “opt out,” or “unsubscribe” mechanism at the bottom of our email marketing messages and on the web site. In most cases, we will give you a choice about stopping just one kind of email or opting out of all email and post mailed marketing from us.
We will endeavor to respond to your request as soon as may be. Before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND STORAGE
ARTCURIAL group is a French based company. We receive data collected locally by members of the ARTCURIAL group and collect data online directly from individuals in countries around the world.
We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Please be aware, though, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. You remain responsible for protecting your username and password and for the security of information you transmit to us over the Internet.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
– Maintain business records as requested by the French law and EU regulation.
– Comply with record retention requirements under the law or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
– Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
– Deal with any complaints regarding the services.
– Preserve historical records of transactions and property.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes.
HOW TO CONTACT US
By email: email@example.com or by mail:
7, rond-point des Champs-Elysées
What is the legal basis on which ARTCURIAL SAS relies to process your data?
On some occasions, ARTCURIAL processes your data with your consent: for example when you agree that we may place cookies, or if you ask ARTCURIAL to send you information about upcoming events.
On other occasions, ARTCURIAL processes your data in order to fulfill a contract with you as in a consignment of a lot or with a billing purpose or when required to do this by law. If it is mandatory for you to provide data for these purposes, we will make this clear at the time and will also explain what will happen if you do not provide the data and its consequences during an auction process.
ARTCURIAL also processes your data when it is our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. For example, ARTCURIAL has a legitimate interest in ensuring the security and integrity of our auctions, in learning about the interests and preferences of our current and prospective clients, in developing new business opportunities, in maintaining accurate business and provenance records, and in ensuring that our websites and apps operate effectively. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we ensure that your privacy is protected.
You may ask ARTCURIAL for a copy of your personal information, to correct it, erase it, restrict our use of it. You also have rights to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details above. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. However, if you have unresolved concerns and believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.