Buying and Selling
SELLING AT ARTCURIAL
Each year Artcurial offer for sale over 31,000 works of art in over 115 specialist sales (80 with catalogues).
Our experts are at your disposal to help you choose the most suitable sale for your consignments.
Our valuation service is free and confidential.
To have your artworks valued with a view to sale at auction, you can:
- - send photographs* by e-mail or post to the relevant Department
- - bring your property to Artcurial at any time from Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 6pm, without an appointment and without obligation
- - arrange to meet one of our experts at your home
- - attend one of our Valuation Days
* to help us make a precise valuation of your property, please provide all the information you possess (date, signature, technique, dimensions, condition, etc.).
N.B. valuations based on photographs are provisional, subject to personal examination
Inventories are carried out on the spot by a qualified auctioneer assisted by specialists and experts. After each inventory a written document is drawn up and addressed to the objects’ owner.
Why should you make an inventory of your property?
- - to know the value of an ensemble of works of art
- - to help prepare a will
- - to make a donation inter vivos
- - to draw up an insurance policy
- - for inheritance purposes
- - with a view to sale
Arranging an Inventory
Inventories carried out prior to sale by auction at Artcurial are free of charge. If the sale takes place at a later date, the costs of the inventory will be reimbursed in proportion to the amount of property sold.
For further information, or to arrange for an inventory to take place at your home, please call Inès Sonneville +33 1 42 99 16 55.
BUYING AT ARTCURIAL
All specialist sales at Artcurial are accompanied by catalogues featuring descriptions and illustrations of the works offered. The catalogue also states the venue, date and time of the pre-sale viewing. Catalogues, and the Auction Calendar, can also be consulted on our website.
Our printed catalogues are available on Subscription.
Thanks to Artcurial LotAlert, you can be informed by e-mail as soon as an object you are looking for comes up for sale. You just need to Register. You will also be informed of events organized by Artcurial, as well as the publication of all the catalogues in the Specialist field you are interested in, and their appearance on-line.
HOW TO BID?
Please also consult the Terms of Sale published in our catalogues. You may bid:
- - by registering on our website to make an absentee bid on-line, two working days before the sale
- - by attending the sale and bidding in person
- - by placing an absentee bid on this website, within your chosen limit
- - by telephone
New bidders not yet registered with Artcurial are requested to provide personal and bank details.
PAYMENT OF PURCHASES
Purchasers may pay for property:
- - by bank transfer
- - by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) upon presentation of proof of identity; the name on the credit-card must be the same as that of the purchaser
- - in cash (private buyers only) up to the sum of €3,000 (inc. premium)
- - by certified check, accompanied by valid proof of identity
COLLECTION OF PURCHASES
Purchased lots may be collected after payment in full. Furniture, pictures and bulk items not collected at the end of the sale will be transported to our storage venue and available for collection from the day after the sale.
For further information about collecting property and storage venues, please consult the Terms of purchase.
Artcurial Shipping can satisfy all requirements (transportation, customs, temporary import…) upon request. Thanks to our close ties to companies who specialize in shipping all types of goods, you can be sure of working with the leading operators whatever the destination. For further information please contact our Shipping Service.
To arrange for an inventory and/or a home appointment, please contact Clémence Enriquez
Phone: +33 1 42 99 20 18
- Tél. +33 1 42 99 20 20
- Anne-Caroline Germaine
- Tél. +33 1 42 99 17 01
- Thomas Gisbert de Callac
- Phone: +33 1 42 99 20 51
- Fax: +33 1 42 99 20 60
Storage & Collection of Purchases
- Tél. +33 1 42 99 20 46
- +33 1 42 99 16 57